Some of my goofy theater friends got together for a Memorial Day BBQ and managed to sneakily film this in my presence without me catching on. Victoria R. Golden asked these nuts what they thought my book was about--and a few even came close.
For the record, Don't Touch is definitely not about:
1. magical powers
3. genetic sticky-skin defects
4. a galactically imperialistic female president with genocidal tendencies
9. crime-fighting mummies
10. teenage natural history enthusiasts
11. fried chicken
13. Mega Man
14. Romeo & Juliet
Though it may include:
1. a discussion of superpowers
2. gloves (albeit not lace ones)
3. theater as an outlet to let "feelings out into society"
4. a crush on a boy in a play
5. a gay teen (though not one who has problems with touching)
6. a reference to time travel
10. coming of age
14. moving, world-changing genius (according to my excellent friends who have not yet read the book)
News, events, fun stuff, serious stuff, and online doings. I kept a personal blog for years at The Storybook Girl, and I'll slowly be migrating some of those posts to this blog.